Z2 Comics and I have teamed up to organize a Fanart Contest with Giveaways for Paul Pope’s new colored edition of ESCAPO!For the contest, we’ll be giving away four copies of ESACPO and one Grand Prize!The Grand Prize:One Deluxe Edition of the book featuring a signed copy of Escapo, two prints, and a thumb drive full of bonus sketchbook content.
You can preorder the book here.
Simply reblog and/or like this post. If someone reblogs you, that also helps. You aren’t required to follow this blog, but it can affect your chances. Three people will be selected at random to win a copy of the book.
Poster Contest Guidelines:
- Design an event poster for Escapo’s act. You can locate this event where you live if you’d like.
- The theme of death is featured heavily in both the book and Escapo’s act. Make your design about Escapo v. Death.
- You can work in whichever media you’d like. If you want to use illustration, photography, etc., that’s okay.
- Escapo reference can be found here and here if you don’t own the earlier editions of the book.
- Tag your post #EscapoPoster; if you are not a tumblr user, you can still use the submit feature.
- The first deadline is March 20th. As before, extensions can be given.
There will be four winners and one Grand Prize winner. Judging will take place in early April. I will be judging the submissions along with Z2 Comics’ Josh Frankel and Paul Pope, himself.
(None of the colored pieces in this post are representative of the colors that will appear in the new edition).
I would like to thank Craftsy for sponsoring EatSleepDraw this week.
Craftsy has fantastic online classes. One that we recommend is Patricia Watwood’s figure drawing class.
Discover the secrets to creating amazingly realistic drawings of people in this FREE online Craftsy class.
Get instant lifetime access to step-by-step guidance from renowned artist Patricia Watwood. As a bonus, you’ll even learn how to make custom toned papers.
self-initiated project by Noel Shiveley, a letterer from California. Noel decided to combine his lettering skills and passion for photography to create a new design every day, for a year. You can follow his progress on Instagram.